Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The last year and a half

At Neal's parents' house on President's Day

Okay, I kept putting off an update email to you girls until I knew what was going on with my life. I just didn't know it was going to take so long! So you know I'm in Salt Lake City now; let me tell you how I got here.

We left Logan in August of 2007. Neal had gotten a job in Houston, Texas. Houston was a fine place to live and we loved the people we met there, but Neal's job was miserable. After 6 months, he parted ways with that company. Kyra, our baby girl, was only three months old when we moved in with my parents in Redmond, Washington, while we figured out what to do next. We lived there for 7 months. Neal randomly ran across a job posting in SLC. He wasn't too wild about moving back to Utah so soon, but then he learned more about the job and got more excited about it. He works on the operations side of the Goldman Sachs office here, and enjoys it. We lived with my aunt in Riverton until the apartment we wanted opened up; it was worth the wait, and we love it here.

Kyra is now 16 months old. She is a darling girl and I'm so lucky to be able to stay home with her. Random things about her: she won't step on cracks in the sidewalk, she has one blue eye and one hazel eye (barely noticeable), and she has to yell "hi" to everyone we pass in the grocery store. I hope you all get the pleasure of meeting her someday . . .

No comments: